10.24.2009

October 23, 2009

White Dog developed a habit as a puppy of making a nest in the blanket parts pooled on the floor when I sat in a chair wrapped up. She then would curl up between my feet and nap or chew or listen to me read aloud. This past week has been cold and the house is chilly since we haven't yet cleaned the air ducts or filter or turned on the furnace. It is task scheduled for the weekend so I have called upon my "inner Chicago" to tough it out, albeit under covers. White Dog has renewed her feet-keeping tradition and with her adult size, she is a much more efficient heater. However, with her adult size, White Dog doesn't fit between my feet quite so neatly.

7 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ahhhhhhh!

She's khwite the effekhtive human paw warmer!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

TwoSpecialWires said...

You know what? We enjoy it just as much as White Dog does. It is a nice thing for everyone, to have a dog curl up at a two-leggeds feet and rest there. I do it all the time, when Moma is at the computer. And it makes both of us feel good inside. We know it's the same for White Dog. A very special behavior, with several very special functions.

Stay warm!
Love,
Jake (and Fergi and Winston!)

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Nothing quite like cuddling up in mus blankie.. Hugs GJ xx

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We have had heat on for a few days off and on this month. The Momster would love a furry foot warmer, but we pups prefer to keep to ourselves.

Nice of White Dog to help keep you toasty.

woos, the OP Pack

Teddy Bear said...

What a great way to keep each other warm. I like to snuggle closely to my mom's legs to keep warm when it gets freezing. I bet you are excited to get the furnace started up. It's not even close to being cold here. It's still in the 80's.:(

Love,
Teddy Bear

Hana said...

Hi Siku! I hope you received the email we sent out yesterday. The package you sent arrived!! Whoo hoo! Thank you! You two are the best pals a girl could ask for. You are so thoughtful and generous! The present put a very big smile on my Mom's face. We will try to post pics ASAP for you to see!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Precious - just precious!

xoxo