12.03.2009

December 3, 2009

White Dog jumped off her window perch and went rushing out of the dog door. Usually such urgency is followed with barking in the yard but there was only silence. I went to look out at her and discovered my beautiful white fox standing sculpture still in the middle of the yard capturing huge snowflakes on her upturned nose. Around her, the flakes drifted and danced. White Dog was totally into the moment of the snowfall, her eyes closed in ecstasy and she responded to none of the city noises around her. Meanwhile as more snow landed, her coat began to glisten in wet whiteness. I watched for quite sometime mesmerized by the tranquil loveliness of the scene, until White Dog shook herself and trotted back inside to warm her cold paws on the bed blankets. Suddenly the grey day seemed less oppressive.

6 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ahhhhh!

Khan woo please share a bit of your snow?!?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra and Merdie

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Oh, it sounds just beautiful. We keep hearing talk of a big snow next week, but we have learned to wait for it to happen before we get too excited. Actually it is just we pups that want snow, the MOmster says she has had enough of it.

Woos, the OP Pack

Prints the Cat said...

What a beautiful description! You have a way with words!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Siku, I got to see snow on our way home from your house, but my mom wouldn't pull over to let me play in it. I bet you were so beautiful as the snow flakes fell on your nose. Did you stick your tongue out to catch some?? My mom said to remind you not to eat yellow snow! :)

Love,
Prinnie

Maxie said...

What a zen-like moment for Siku!

I wish to see and feel snowflakes on my nose too. Maybe someday, if my mom would take me. But, for now, I would have to settle for ice cubes from the fridge.

Love,
Charlie

Teddy Bear said...

What a beautiful sight! You have snow!!! How pawesome! I hope it sticks around for a few days.:)

Love,
Teddy Bear