White Dog helped me wrap Christmas gifts last night which got her to thinking. This morning over breakfast she asked, "How does Santa know what to bring you; how does he know what you will like?" Steve explained that all of the Santas around the world are very smart and pay close attention all year for ideas. He ended his explanation by saying, "Many people, just to be sure, write Santa a letter listing their desires." The words were barely out of his mouth before White Dog was tugging at me to help her compose her requests:
I have been a VERY good girl all year and have tried VERY hard to be kind and compassionate and understanding. Ask anyone and I think they will tell you that I deserve nice surprises under the tree. In case you are not sure what to bring, here is a list of things I would really like:
1. A new Mercedes-Benz R320 because it has a nice wide console for me to sit upon when I copilot with dad. (He would also like one but we can share)!
2. Lots of treats especially my favorites: greenies, Dugan's Barkery goodies, and Sammy Snacks.
3. A whole beef tenderloin. (Richard made this for the Recommitment Reception and it was heavenly).
4. A huge weekend party where all of my friends fly in so that we can meet in person and share adventures, good foods, and sniffs...followed by a year of health, happiness, and fulfillment for each of their families.
5. For my bff, Prinnie, to move closer so that we can hang out more often.
6. Extra resources to help all of the needy two- and four-legged people who go without food, or good health, or beds, or safety, or love.
7. A chance to ride on the back of an elephant in Thailand and eat pommes frites in Paris.
8. Extra extra time for dad, mom, and me to share "just us" cuddle and hugs time.
9. More opportunities to run in the Park when no one else is there.
10. Peace and cooperation throughout the world.
Please consider my requests, Santa. I look forward to finding your response under our tree on Christmas morning. Thank you for taking time to read this.
Siku Marie, the White Dog
P.S. I forgot to mention that you look very handsome with your white fur and dressed in red. Regards to your Mrs. ...and the reindeer.