12.07.2009

December 7, 2009


White Dog gasped and Steve said "Oh my, Dragon, Sue is NOT going to be happy with you" when the humans returned from yoga yesterday. The greeting brought me from the office. White Dog met me as I entered the Living Room and was (I hope) the only one who saw my eyes cloud up before I put on my stoic manners. Candace was on the floor fiercely holding the squirming Dragon. Steve cradled in his hands the beautiful hand felted sculpture of White Dog which had lived in the center of our coffee table...only now it was a mangled, chewed ruin missing tail, ears, front paw, and part of the nose. White rabbit fur, as soft as an Eskie's lay across the floor. "It is all right," I heard myself telling the distraught and embarrassed Candace. "It is only a thing." White Dog leaned against me and whispered, "You still have the real thing...me!" While we thought Dragon was napping, he climbed up onto the table (White Dog just cannot imagine the gall) and took the soft treasure. After Candace (still apologizing) and Dragon-brat (unrepentantly) left, we went on-line to see if a replacement was possible. Originally, the sculpture had come from Fire Bird Arts only now it sadly seems that they no longer carry the felted dogs. Steve sent them an email asking if it was at all possible to get a replacement...but we fear not. I just held the little doll and White Dog rested her head on my lap.

9 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Rut roh!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousine Merdie

PeeEssWoo: Maybe Ludo's mum khan help! She does things like that!
PeePeeEssWoo: The transport was fine with the snow - the interstate was khlear - it hadn't been khold enough fur the snow to stikhk to those surfaces too much!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Ohhhhh Dragonnnnn! I guess you really forgot your party manners.

TwoSpecialWires said...

Uh oh. (Moma is picking up the wheelies right now. Chaucer and Bronte are arriving in a few hours.)

And, um, maybe Butchy and Angel Snickers' moma is another one who could help. It's at least worth asking.

We're sad. But we know you know what really REALLY matters. Friendship, love and forgiveness.

Love
Jake and Fergi xxoo

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Oh no your poor mum must be so upse.. I hope your dad can get another, or Khyra's sugestion can help. Fingers and paws crossed.. Hugs GJ x

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Dear Siku:

I was waiting to talk with you in the stars last night and heard a voice say that sometimes doggies do things that don't seem very nice, but they don't mean to upset you. Maybe that's the case with Dragon-brat. I don't know what it is with boys, but Duncan used to tear up our stuffed toys too. Your mom is right - having you is what matters most!

Love,
Prinnie

ps: Brother said Dragon can come out here for a while to give you a break. I will tell him who is boss, and brother will play with him until they are too tired to do anything but sleep. OK?

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Oh Siku,
I'm so sorry. Penny, Poppy, and Patches Mommy makes feltie doggies. Maybe she could fix your feltie self.
Sally Ann

Isis said...

ohhhh noooooooo! we are so very said for this destruction! how horrible! i do hope the fire bird people will replace it for you. Naughty dragon!

Sister had this little green frog bean bag baby she kept on her dresser. I wanted it real bad, and some days i would sneak into her room and take it and hide it. Just that little frog. She would find me sucking on its head. Finally, she told me it was now mine, because it was crusted with my spit. :)

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Oh, that is so sad. We hope someone can find a way to replace this treasure.

Woos, Phantom and Thunder

Teddy Bear said...

Oh no! What a tragedy. We really hope that your pawrents can find a replacement. But you are so right, they still have the real thing, beautiful you!:)

Love,
Teddy Bear