4.15.2010

April 15, 2010

White Dog and Quinn are a part of daily life for me since I work at home. It is not that they are always in my lap or even in my sight but they are a constant presence, background music in my world and color in my daily routine. This morning for the first time, I was left without one or the other at least home to keep me company. They both had appointments with the Groomer and left with Steve when he went to work. At first I though, "Ahha! A morning just for me... no one demanding attention as I try to work...or sit on my shoulder as I read... or fall over as I move about...no barking at the mailman...bliss!" But it wasn't bliss at all; it was quiet...too quiet and I was lonely for the sound of other family members going about their day around me. When Steve (who I am always glad to see during the day) brought them back mid afternoon, Michael was already home from school and we were reading in the living room. The sudden swarm of very fluffy sweet scented white that charged through the door was welcomed with hugs and compliments from both us. White Dog leaped into my lap and leaned into my arms as I breathed her fresh smell and said, "Glad you are home, Baby Girl! Momma missed you!" Quinn nosed his way against my legs and I added, "I missed you, too, Beautiful Boy!" Michael swears that my words made Quinn smile.

8 comments:

TwoSpecialWires said...

We have no doubt but that EVERYONE was smiling. And that is how it should be.

Fondly,
Jake and Fergi and Family xxxxoooo

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ahhhhhhh!

Thanks fur sharing that!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Teddy Bear said...

I bet it was ALL smiles.:) I bet Siku and Quinn were very happy to be home with their Momma.:)

Love,
Teddy Bear

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We are certain that Micheal saw that smile. We have the same feeling here when we are going on a trip and have to board the dogs the day before due to flight times. The house just feels so empty without the furry butts here.

Happy Weekend.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Remington said...

That is so nice. Smiles all around!

Sagira said...

We like when everyone is smiling. :)

Cappy the Eskie said...

Dogs (especially Eskies) make a house a home and put smiles on everyone.

Hugs and yips,
Cappy

Kari in Alaska said...

the hubs tells me the same thing about having our three at home while he gets all his school and work done