8.24.2010

August 24, 2010

White Dog and Quinn spent the afternoon playing "I own momma!" ...and at least until Steve came home, I was an exclusive prize.

I noticed that White Dog was not at her place next to me as I finished up the painting on my easel but thought it sweet that The Other White Dog was there, stretched across the doorway sleeping as I worked. Often WD chooses to come it at the end of my session to critique rather than hang out the entire time. As I got up to clean brushes and change tasks to computer time, I realized that TOWD wasn't just napping in a convenient spot but that he had carefully and intentionally positioned himself to block his sister from entering the room. She was lying forlornly by the computer chair looking very left out.

So when I sat down at the computer and began to visit the blogs, White Dog employed the same trick Quinn had just pulled on her. She laid across the doorway and let her brother know in no uncertain terms that it was her time with me. He took the hint and went out to rest on the deck.

And then Steve came home. I was abandoned by both White Dogs, left in the dust of their scramble to see who could get to Steve first! I wasn't even a consolation prize as WD and TOWD hip-checked and maneuvered for prime petting position as they swarmed Steve.

It was Michael's counseling night so peace and cooperation reigned as we all piled into the car... because both of the Fluffy Fuhrer wannabes knew that if they weren't nice there would be no Park time...or worse yet, no trip for ice cream!

9 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ice khream!!!!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Jacqueline said...

I would be lost without my animal companionship=they are just so precious and wonderful, so full of love!...xo...J
We vie for seating positions around our Mommy too and we LOVE ice cream=we have so much in common, sweet friends!!...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Teddy Bear said...

I love it! Sierra and I like to play that game too.:) DId someone say ice cream?:)

Love,
Teddy Bear

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Yummers - you got ice cream??? We need to go for a ride and hit Sonic or DQ.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Brian's Home Blog said...

Y'all should get ice cream regardless!

Mack said...

I love to nip my mom and dad when they walk in from work!

Kari in Alaska said...

ah nothing better than the dog greeting when you get home :)

Don't forget, we moved to http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Sagira said...

That sounds like a great game to play! :)

TwoSpecialWires said...

The White Dogs know about relationships, and balance, and timing, and, yes, even reinforcement. People can learn a lot from us dogs. Yep. They just need to watch and notice. Every day.

Yours
Jake and Fergi xxoo