August 29, 2010

White Dog woke us at 7:30 in anticipation of our usual Sunday morning walk in the Bosque with Gregg, Candace and Dragon. She was ready to go when we reminded her that Dragon's family had asked for the morning to sleep in and that we were not meeting until noon. White Dog watched the clock and at 11:30 began hurrying us all to get in the car to pick them up.

Once everyone was packed in and greetings exchanged, Steve suggested that perhaps a walk change of pace was in order so instead of the Bosque, we went to the Nature Center (where the group usually starts their bike rides) and walked the path there. I stayed behind to read and maintain the home base and gaily waved Dragon and Gregg (at the lead), Steve and White Dog, and Quinn and Candace off on their start.

Less than an hour later White Dog came rushing back to the car, straining at the leash because Steve would not run fast enough. When they reached me, Steve handed me the lead and indicated that we needed to clean her up because she had been hit with an awful messy bout of looseness. He indicated that she got to a certain point in the walk where she just sat down and refused to go forward any longer. And after he insisted, White Dog unhappily followed his command but a short time later was stricken.

We wondered whether it was some sort of anxiety thing about leaving me behind (because she has started wanting to come back and check on me even when we go to the Bosque). But, when White Dog and Steve go to the Park or to his office or on their nightly walks, she is just fine. We cannot imagine why she would feel so nervous about my remaining behind.

A little later the rest of the group sauntered back. It was decided that maybe instead of lunch al fresco we would all adjourn to our house and carry in Vietnamese cuisine. There everyone could be comfortable and relaxed. AND there was a secret stash of round steak bones waiting in the freezer to refreshingly sate the furry ones.

Tonight as we ready for bed, White Dog still is clingy and The Other White Dog wonders why I have marked him with vivid grass green paint. TOWD looks at me suspiciously and leans against Steve as he explains that it is to help Dr. Julia find the skin tumors that will be removed tomorrow. He tells Quinn not to worry the paint will be gone after the procedure, but he is afraid to tell our big white chow hound that there will be no food from now until after the surgery.


Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Thanks SOOOOOOOO furry much fur the surprise woo sent me!

I was so thrilled to hear the run on Sunday was FUR me - and thanks to WOO!

We hope all goes well and ends well with woo!


Jacqueline said...

We hope Siku is feeling better...We will purr loudly for Quinn's successful surgery and quick recovery; best of luck, sweet friend...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

TwoSpecialWires said...

Awwww. Now we're sad. We've got to believe that White Dog is feeling better AND that Quinn's surgery will go well. Hopefully the beef bones made the afternoon and evening special ... and thoughts of those tasty treats made everyone feel better. Today. Tonight. And memories of it all, tomorrow.

We'll be thinking of you all. Hoping for a quick recovery for both the White Ones.

Jake and Fergi xxoo

Teddy Bear said...

Siku, we hope you're feeling better.:) We will be pawing prayers for Quinn tomorrow.

Teddy Bear

Kari in WeHo said...

I sure hope Siku feels all better soon

Remington said...

Quinn will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Brian said...

My sisters and I will be purring for Quinn and we all hope that you're doing better really soon sweet Siku!

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

We hope WD is feeling better today and we send you all the best for TOWD's surgery.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Ginger Jasper said...

I do hope White dog is feeling better, bless her.. I am purring my loudest that the surgery goes well.. Hugs GJ xx

Amy and The House of Cats said...

Oh we hope that White Dog is feeling better now - it is too bad she had tummy trouble but we can relate to it - it has happened to us with stress sometimes. And we are purring and praying for eveything to go well with TOWD - and oh, that no food thing. That is so hard too - we just went through that last Friday with the kittens and oh, they were not happy by morning! We hope that everyone is doing ok by the end of today!

Sagira said...

Hope you feel better soon and hope Quinn has an easy surgery and feels better ASAP.