White Dog wants to thank everyone at Swimtaxi1234 for sharing this award with us. Coming from new friends, we are touched and honored that they found us worthy of such distinction. The entire White Dog Army tries very hard to maintain the honesty and quality of what we post and appreciate the encouragement that we receive.
(c) photo by Lisa Manry Photography
Quinn, The Other White Dog, our shy boy, will celebrate his very first Gotcha Day this coming weekend. (Of course, there will be a Comment-A-Thon to celebrate). In honor of this wonderful upcoming event...and because the beautiful White Dog of Love, Daisy Mae, is visiting again tonight...we will let Quinn have the spotlight.
Seven things you may not know about me:
1. I do not like most dog treats, the exceptions being real jerky (not the pressed stuff) and cheese crackers.
2. I love standing outside in the rain or snow.
3. I do not like staying in hotels. The strange noises and unfamiliar smells and lack of a doggie door make me VERY nervous. I am much better staying at rental houses.
4. I am so camera shy that I once hid in the bushes and refused to come out while on a walk when dad and I passed a family taking a group photo in front of their house!
5. Even though it is totally allowed in our house, I will not get up on the furniture when anyone is watching. Sometimes when the humans are not home or are busy in other parts of the house, I will nap on the couch but the minute I hear them, I hop down and run outside.
6. I am totally a daddy's boy. My dad is the best and when he is home I stick to him like velcro.
7. Momma calls me her "Miracle Boy" because of the incredible luck and all of the amazing strangers and all of the perfect moments that came together to save me from Death Row and bring me to this family.
I know I am not the most cooperative for photo opportunities and that I still keep much of my story locked away, but I know I am one of the most blessed pups in the Universe because despite my reluctance you have taken me into your hearts and your lives. Thank you for welcoming me into this community and for becoming my extended family. A rescue dog, like me, prays and hopes for a chance at a real forever family. I got the perfect one PLUS all of you. How cool is that? Please visit me this Saturday for my celebration.
The Mighty Quinn.
P.S. The Honorary White Dog's (Dragon) new brother pup finally has a name: Sen-ge, which is Tibetan for "Tiger." So welcome, Sen-ge, may you grow and flourish in your new forever home.