June 24, 2011
White Dog and the rest of The White Dog Army want to humbly thank Arwen's Pack for passing on this wonderful Award. We are honored that Arwen, Nyxie, and their talented mom think us worthy of such recognition. Thank you.
The award comes with the requirement of sharing seven facts that may not be well known about the recipient. Since we live our lives on this page we would be hard pressed to reveal much that was shocking or hidden. But White Dog pointed out that YoYoMa has only shared our life and thus, this blog, for a short time, and as such should maybe be featured in a continuing introduction to Yet Another White Dog. So today we turn the blog over to YoYoMa to tell his story:
1. I am a momma's boy. During the day I shadow her everywhere she goes and at night I sleep at the foot of her bed. When there is something scary or unknown, she is the one I run to.
2. My first life was as a show and stud dog in Northern California until things went really wrong and I wound up an abused rescue pup waiting for The White Dog Army to find me and bring me home. Most of you know the incredible story of my journey to this forever home and all the amazing people who made my salvation possible.
3. My being blind does not prevent me from going on runs in the neighborhood with White Dog and Dad. In fact, I am a very good runner and keep up without a problem. When we go hiking, I like to pair up with Puff who lets me walk really close and lean against her so that she can guide my way...we do very well like this.
4. My brother, Quinn, is still unsure what to make of me. I made the mistake of trying to play boy games and scared him. Now we are rebuilding our trust of each...slowly. Because momma explained that my eagerness makes TOWD nervous, I have become very good at giving him extra space and "leaving him" when I am told to back off.
5. My two favorite toys are my blue piggy and my giant snake. They are Puff's favorites, too, and sometimes she steals them and takes them outside. We have an agreement though, she is eating Mr. Snakes eyes and I am working on the tail. At night I sleep with Piggy.
6. I love to roll and roach on the carpet, rocking back and forth with my legs flailing in the air like a puppy. But I do not like tummy rubs. My favorite scritching spot is behind my ears.
7. There is not a single food that I do not like...green beans... broccoli... watermelon... strawberries... mango... sweet potatoes... FISH!... and of course duck jerky...are just a few I tried and liked...oh, and cake, I LOVE cake!
Bonus Fact. My favorite time of day is when momma cups my face in her hands and sings my special song to me:
Yo Yo Ma
Yo Yo MA
Yo Yo you're mine
Yo Yo you're fine
All of the time!
Life in The White Dog Army is pretty darn good! I am so glad I am here. Thanks Arwen and Nyxie for the chance tell my story.