7.30.2011

July 30, 2011


White Dog shook her head in anticipation of drama and got comfy on the sofa to watch. Steve noticed that a certain Eskie girl upon returning from her morning outdoor ritual came back in with shoulder and side matted in what smelled like cat poop. He followed Another White Dog into the living room and caught her up in his arms just as she was about to roll on our heirloom Persian carpet.

"Here," he said depositing the stinky messy girl in my arms, "hold her while I get the bath ready." Nuka growled and kicked in protest as I pressed her matted side tightly against me.

They spent a long time bathing. Steve lathered her up and let AWD soak. He rinsed her gently and then repeated the activity this time working to remove shedding fur and to detangle mats. She was very patient.

I had just changed shirts when Steve tossed me a towel and put the now sweet smelling but dripping wet Nuka in my arms. As I carefully rubbed her dry (always conscious of her sensitive skin growths) she relaxed a bit.

Then for the first time ever...Nuka kissed me! Her little black tongue licked my face and at my surprised look she did it again, just so I knew for sure she meant it.

13 comments:

Teddy Bear said...

What a wonderful surprise from Nuka.:) I bet Mom loved it.:)

Love,
Teddy Bear & Sierra

How Sam Sees It said...

Awwww... that is very sweet!

Sam

Mack said...

That is so sweet! I think she's becoming a mama's girl!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Now that is a happy that was worth waiting for!

rottrover said...

Oh Nuka! You made our mom cry! It took Ruby over a year before she'd let Mom give her a belly rub. Now she asks for one every morning!

-Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

KB said...

Aw, Nuka, that was the sweetest gift that you could've ever given your mom.

D.K. Wall said...

It is those little moments that make rescue so rewarding!

Kari in Alaska said...

hooray puppy kisses!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Oh that is so sweet!!!! Well worth a little cat poop, I'd say!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

OMD< what a very special moment!!! Thank dogness for cat poop:) BOL

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

meowmeowmans said...

That is so sweet! What a great gift for your Mom, Nuka. :)

Cappy the Eskie said...

We hope that it's the start of a lifetime of many more doggie kisses.

Hugs and yips,
Cappy and Ollie

Sagira said...

Aww..the first kiss always means the most. :)