7.05.2011

July 5, 2011

White Dog sat with Another White Dog and shared what her expectations had been when the new deaf dog joined us nearly eight months ago. "We thought you hated people. I expected an antisocial girl who had to be locked away at parties because she was a nipper but look at you! You are Miss Congeniality and sit in the middle of company and visit and nap and have pretty good party manners."

Quinn strolled up and plopped down. "Everyone told me that you were difficult when it came to being groomed and that you got so upset that the only way to clean you up was to put you under and shave you! But I have heard you laughing in the bath tub as you played with dad and the soap bubbles. You let momma dry you AND clean your ears. Heck you even ASK to be brushed...now, that's a little crazy, but still."

Nuka looked at WD and TOWD, she replied, "Everyone who comes to visit is nice to me and kind. Sure, Dragon and Sen-ge get carried away sometimes but they are little boyz so I expect that. And everyone in the family is gentle and goes slowly when we do new things so I do not get scared. Plus I look at you both, if you trust momma and dad and you have been here so much longer than I, then maybe I can believe that they will always keep me safe even when they challenge me to try things that I don't like...or think I don't.

"I maybe had a bad reputation as being difficult before but those days are behind me. In my forever life now I WANT to please my family and make you all proud and I try very hard. I know I am still pretty bossy and truthfully, I probably always will be, but I know you all still love me...and I like it...and I think I am learning how to love you all back."

"Little Sister," White Dog said, "I just wanted you to know that I have watched you all these months and that I am so proud of the pup you are becoming. Keep up the good work!" With that WD went behind the chair to take a nap and AWD settled next to (not quite touching)TOWD. Quinn turned and nosed her face in approval then lowered his head to also take advantage of the siesta hour.

Nuka Angel just laid there for a moment, tail wiggy-wagging in joy, then gravity pulled her eyelids down and her face to the carpet. Next thing I knew, she was snoring.

Not to be left out of the conversation, YoYoMa, said, "Did someone say something about being brushed...?"

10 comments:

24 Paws of Love said...

What a beautiful story about knowing when you are really home and truly accepted for just who you are. And that has everything to do with second chances. Beautiful.

Teddy Bear said...

Such a beautiful post.:)

Love,
Teddy Bear & Sierra

Mack said...

You have come a loooong way since you joined the Army!
We are SO proud of you!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is so very wonderful! Gee, eight months already? Seems like you just came home!

Random Felines said...

Wow - what a wonderful tale. You have come so very far and we are proud of you. It makes a huge difference when you have great examples to follow!!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Awww, that makes all of us smile to hear such a wonderful outcome.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Remington said...

Awesome post, my friend....

Kari in Alaska said...

Shes come so far!

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

This post is so lovely and shows so well how the love of a loving forever home can change and nurture. I have seen over the past months the very happy changes in your loving home .. Hugs GJ xx

Sagira said...

That sure is a lot of fur...wow. :)