Wonderful World Wednesday
White Dog, Nuka, Puff and YoYoMa want to spread the word about a very important day...in honor of their brother, Quinn, who spent part of his life on the streets surviving by his wits and suffering untold trauma. Today, April 4, is World Stray Animal Day The day is to promote compassion, care and acton for stray animals worldwide.
Today is dedicated to giving special attention to the 600,000,000 stray animals in the world.
Dogs and cats should have a home but so many live on the streets their entire lives. They lead poor and miserable lives, are malnourished, suffer from the extremes of weather, are susceptible to diseases. They are chased and tormented by people, often children; they are hunted by city authorities. Life on the streets is the worst of neglect and hostility; there are no cuddles, no treats, few kind words.
But we, as people who care, can do something. On this day help spread the word. Tell, tweet, link, recommend, post, blog, like and share this cause with as many people as you can. There is power in numbers; power to save more, change laws, address the problem.
This is what you can do to help create a wonderful world where every animal has a safe place to sleep, adequate food to eat, and someone to love:
- adopt a stray dog
- ask your local animal shelter how you can help
- share the cause of 4/4 Stray Animals Day with everybody you know
- make a donation of cash, food, or blankets to your local rescue
- start a petition to improve condition in your community
- leave out fresh water in your yard
- support or organize a free spay and neuter day
- support and participate in TNR programs
- become involved in rescue, fostering, transporting
-speak up when you see cruelty to animals occurring
- other ideas?????
Pray for Someday, No Stray! Now THAT will truly be a wonderful day!