5.07.2012

May 7, 2012

White Dog stood on Steve's chest. "It is 6:30! I cannot believe you are still lying in bed! The Day is wasting! We have lots to do!"  "Little One," I said pulling her into a cuddle and off of Steve's lungs, "the Lab doesn't open for another hour and a half."

"Not THAT," she stressed referring to my routine every six-week blood work. "I forgot you have to work that in TOO! Get MOVING!" "Calm down White Dog you are getting all worked up and are not making sense."

"Fergie and Jake and their humans are going to be here in just about 35 hours and you two are SLEEPING!" "AND," I asked?

"Look at all of the dust bunnies under my chair! And all of the dog toys have YoYo spit on them. And you and dad have been talking about repainting the kitchen for a year now. Shouldn't we bake cookies and a pie and those cheese wafers Quinn likes, Fergie and Jake will love those. The Army needs a good brushing and Nuka sounds like a warthog. Shouldn't you make sure Michael's room is clean?" She paused to catch her breath.

Steve pulled the blanket over his head and was groaning. "Whoa, WD, you need to find some perspective here. And stop picking on Nuka; she has allergies. We are VERY lucky to have friends that love us so much that they will just spontaneously decide to drive for seven hours to come visit, right? They must REALLY care about you and us and the whole White Dog Army, right? Do you really think they will stop liking us if they come and YoYoMa has his toys out of place? Or if Puff has messed up her blankets into a nest? Or if you have left crumbs on the arm of my chair?

"Relax, let's enjoy the anticipation of this grand reunion and first meeting, for they have not yet met Nuka or Puff or Yo. You will be surprised, when they arrive all of the dog hair will magically become invisible and the dusty woodwork will glow warmly...that is the amazing power of friendship. All we all will see is a wonderful time of togetherness in a comfortable place filled with welcome and sanctuary. Trust me."

"But,..." she started and I silenced her with a kiss on the nose. I knew she would think about what I said and understand.

I came home from the Lab later to find a note on my chair. It began, "You are so right about the power of friendship, momma, and I know Jake and Fergie are coming to see US not the sticky spot Quinn left by his food bowl, but here are some things you just might want to consider doing before they arrive: 1. Tile the sunporch; 2. Put in the summer annuals..." Steve, reading over my shoulder just shook his head and muttered "she gets more like her momma every day!"

18 comments:

Dachshund Nola said...

BOL it runs in the family!
Dachshund Nola

Kari in Alaska said...

can you teach my husband that the house doesn't have to be polished everytime someone comes to visit?

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Siku,
I'm comming to help! I'm good at house stuffs.
Your Paramore,
Andy

haopee said...

Hahaha, WD, you're on a roll. But what your momma said about friendship is certainly true. It goes beyond the physical boundaries of our existence and I'm sure Jake and Fergie wouldn't mind playing with Yoyo's toys.

Hey WDA Momma and Steve... It's odd how he's branded as Steve and not WDA Dadda.

Huggies and Cheese,

Haopee

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hmmmmm, sounds like a whole lotta busy coming up!

Random Felines said...

geez - if she had thumbs she would take over the world. :)

Jo's World said...

Hi WDA!

I want to know about Andy, the guy who says he is good at house stuffs. Are there anymore at home like him? There are three of us living here, and none of us are good at house stuffs. We need lessons or something!

Cheers and hugs all around,

Jo, Stella, Zkhat and RM

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Very wise words.....Now if only I could get Mom and Dad off this cleanin' kick! Just because the house hasn't been cleaned good in 3 years doesn't mean they have to do it all in 3 weeks....right?

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

I laughed out loud at this but the words of wisdom are so right. Dad favourite saying is they are coming to see us and not the dust. I so agree and the visit will be wonderful. we were hoping to be passing down your wayy this year but mum and dad have shelved their planned US trip this year to stay with me and give my medication. There will be other times for holidays but they say I come first at the moment.. Enjoy your visit and give those gorgeous woofie frinds and their mum a love from us.. Hugs GJ xx

Suka said...

hey WDA,

Visitors!! How fun! I am furry happy for you and can't wait to read all about the exciting things you pups get into with your furry fun visitors!

Hope your mom's blood work went O.K. Siku Marie, good job keeping everyone on their toes! You are the Task Master! :->

Suka

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hehehe, sounds like our home. We have a sign up and you can use it if you want.

"The house was clean yesterday. Sorry you missed it" Hehehehehehe.

No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Sagira said...

You know they say the say: The sign of a clean house is the sign of a wasted life...glad your are enjoying life and not worried about all the cleaning. :)

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mom says she likes what Sagira says:)

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

KB said...

WD, you had me laughing on your "roll". I'm wondering who is really talking here? Your mom is so right about friendship making all those dustbunnies disappear!

I received my wonderful tee-shirt. Thank you so much!

meowmeowmans said...

That last paragraph made me laugh out loud. Sounds like things are about to get super busy there. :)

24 Paws of Love said...

Don't ya hate it when the dogs start acting like you?? BOL!!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

And don't forget that "sleepyheads" need beauty sleep! It make a big difference in how the day goes!
love
tweedles

TwoSpecialWires said...

Well we were thrilled to see that Siku must've gained confidence regarding the true reason for our visit. She was the perfect hostess, and we loved seeing her upon her special chair, watching over her family and friends. We felt so incredibly welcome, and it was wonderful to be together again. The idea of dust bunnies and sticky spots were miles from our thoughts or cares in the company of friends. Your park and home felt like little pieces of heaven, and we thank you for sharing them with us. xx