September 17, 2012

White Dog came right away when I called her. "What's up, momma?" she asked. "Thought you would want to join me, I am going to write today's post." My beloved drama diva did her best swoon, cough, and faint trick. I nudged the little smarty with my foot and she hopped up into my lap.

It was a normal day. The first one we have had in seemingly a LONG time although in reality it has only been a few days off of our routine. But before"normalness" started we all slept in, snoozing soundly as the cool autumn breeze made us snuggle together and fight the notion of rising.

We actually had breakfast. Not a quick piece of toast and slug of water before rushing to do something. Steve made bacon and scrambled eggs, he warmed some little sourdough rolls Gregg had given us and made fragrant coffee with real cream (Yes! Woofed YoYoMa and I).

Quinn had a vet checkup; our only not quite ordinary thing, but when he came home sugar bandage free and Steve reported the Dr. Julia declared the wound closed, the entire White Dog Army howled with happiness. He still has to be careful not to scrape the new pink skin and we must wash the leg carefully every morning. She gave Quinn some anti-bacterial spray that we must spritz on 4 times a day to form sort of a liquid bandage. But she doesn't want to see him until the beginning of October!

We enjoyed a round of treats to celebrate and then everyone settled around Steve (who was reading) for their late morning nap. It was a delight to just all BE together. No phone calls. No meetings. No entertaining. Just us.

And then at two, Steve reminded the WDA that it was Monday and on the new schedule it meant that his late night of teaching was about to begin. The White Ones lined up to give their best "feel guilty" looks and crowd around so that he could not move. "Believe me, my loves. dad does not want to go anymore than you want him to, but just keep thinking that Friday will be Saturday." I said.

All the White Dogs are beginning to stir from their evening naps as the time approaches for Steve's return home. He will be greeted with a well-rested chorus of loving fans. Ah, the joys of "normal" life!


Jeanne Pursell said...

Sounds like a very pleasant day for everybody! So glad that everyone is feeling better!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

haopee said...

Finally. A day of relaxation with the entire family. I am glad Mighty Quinn's vet visit went through flawlessly with good news even.

I am glad you guys had such a great time relaxing.

By the way, I would like to inform you that we are having a Follow the Dog Home book giveaway. I hope you could drop by and check it out in this link http://www.mydogslove.me/2012/09/our-first-book-giveaway-follow-dog-home.html

Huggies and Cheese,


Amber DaWeenie said...

Isn't it great to have things back to normal again! Also happy that the boo-boo is healing nicely.

GOOSE said...

Good to hear that normal has returned.

Random Felines said...

a good day all around.... yeah for Quinn's good news

Remington said...

Isn't it awesome when days go so well!

Brian said...

That is wonderful and there can never be too much normal!

ra husky said...

Happy husky woooos!!

RA, Isis & NanĂ¼k

Kari in Vegas said...

Isn't it great to feel "normal"?

Stop on by for a visit

Jo's World said...

Glad that Quinn gets some special TLC meds for his leg. This should be certain to keep the baddies away.

Happy for your "Normal" day, I love them.

Jo and Stella, and Zkhat, upstairs.

Agnes B Bullock said...

Wonderful news for

KB said...

I'm glad that Quinn had a good checkup, and that the WDA had an ordinary day of just enjoying being together!