- First choose the biggest of the three shoulder chops.
- Carefully trim all of the juicy hot-off-the-grill sizzling edge fat from the chop and divide it into four pieces. Quinn and Nuka, our pancreatitis kids, cannot eat fat. Distribute to Puff, YoYoMa, Oso, and eat one piece yourself. Give Quinn and Nuka broccoli trees with a bit of butter.
- Using high precision calipers, divide the red yummy meat into ten very equal parts. They do not have to look identical but should be of equal volume.
- Distribute one cube to each member of the White Dog Army insisting that each use their finest party manners to receive it.
- This leaves four lamb pieces.
- Pretend to be shocked that two pups are going to be cheated since there are only four piece left and there are six members of the White Dog Army. Pause dramatically and let each squirm and hope that THEY won't be the one left out.
- Then gallantly and with much kindness tell them that the two youngest members of the Pack will bow to the wisdom and respect owed to the elders...That Quinn, Nuka, Puff, and Oso may have the extra pieces of lamb.
- Insist that you and YoYoMa, the youngsters, will get by simply licking the empty bone. Look longingly at momma until she volunteers a second bone. Let the others know of the amazing sacrifice you and your brother make so that THEY can enjoy the finest, moistest, most succulent bits of the chop. Accept the thanks of the WDA humbly.
- Grab your bone and high-tail it to the bed (White Dog) and your sleeping space (Yo) where you can crunch and slurp privately as the others settle down for post dinner naps still licking lamb lusciousness off of their lips thinking you are a hero.
- Do NOT growl when dad comes around to collect up the bones an hour later.
June 18, 2013
White Dog lessons on how to share a lamb chop with an army of six: