9.26.2013

September 26, 2013

White Dog came in from the yard panting and threw herself at my feet. She offered me a bright yellow leaf from the WD tree in the yard as has been our tradition as long as my girl has been with me...every year she brings to me the first changed leaf she finds and together we save it into my journal; this year makes eight.

Usually we spend some time admiring the shape and color and we think back over the life of the leaf from its birth in Spring until now, but this morning WD seemed restless and anxious to get back outside. "Are you feeling all right, Little One?" I asked hoping she was not suffering from an upset tummy.

"I am fine, momma. Dad is out with Taiko and the two of them have YoYoMa, Puff and I doing zoomies and playing chase. I am kind of having fun." "Sweet One, go back out and join the excitement. I am delighted that you are all enjoying this fine afternoon."

Taiko, with his youth and enthusiasm for discovering all the newness of his life here at White Dog Ranch, has infused the WDA with a renewed sense of appreciation for silliness and games. I am only starting to realize for how long we slowed our pace and vigor as Quinn faded. I walked past the sleeping Nuka to our bedroom where Oso was watching the activity from inside. He seemed contented to observe the cantering big dogs from a place where he would not get bowled over; I picked him up and we sat on the bed together soaking in the joyful scene.

The WDA and Steve were oblivious to we Watchers as White Dog plowed with her nose through the weed trimmings and YoYoMa confidently maneuvered his way to follow the rubber bird Steve was tossing for all to chase. My Little Old Lady, Puff, was right there in the thick of things and when she could not break through the defense line, she ran up and over the agility dogwalk to get around.

Oso squirmed to get down when he saw the pack returning to the house. Not to be totally left out, my fierce little man bounced up and down barking his "Yip!" challenge with such heart that he almost toppled over backward. Taiko responded with a play bow, wagging tail, and goofy humming noise and followed Oso as he ran into the kitchen to find Steve.

The game quickly changed to the "Feed Me" Frenzy as the tired and hungry pack danced and impatiently "sat" waiting to be fed.

9 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

I love that he has brought extra fun to your family!

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

rottrover said...

We youngsters have a responsibility to bring some FUN into a pack!

Otto

Random Felines said...

what a wonderful transition.... while Quinn will always be missed it is nice to see Taiko finding his place.

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Sounds just perfect to me. I love that the new sweety is bringing a new pep to the white dog army. It is just lovely.. Hugs GJ x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I am so happy that you see some changes coming from Mother Earth-- the seasons change and bring gifts of pretty leaves for everyone to enjyoy.
love
tweedles

Brian's Home Blog said...

Sounds like some serious WD Fun! Hey, feed me is one of my favorite games too!

TwoSpecialWires said...

I had fun imagining Fergi among the mix. What a lovely set of dances.

xxxx

Jo's World said...

I, too, am happy that Taiko has found his spot within your pack. Glad he is a fun-lover and gets everybody in his game!

Cheers and hugs,

Jo

haopee said...

Blissful afternoons.