9.23.2017

September 23, 2017

White Dog opened the email, scanned it quickly and then gathered Zsofia and the rest of the White Dog Army around to read along.

“Dear White Dog and The White Dog Army,” it began.

“I was sleeping the other night and was visited by a WDA Angel named Trixie. She told me that you were looking for a new recruit. She told me that she felt that I would be a perfect addition and that I should reach out and let you know about me.

“I am a lady with life experience. Not a pup but not yet an elder. I have baggage; for years I was forced over and over to be a single mother and my children were taken from me before I ever really got to know them. I am saggy in places but am working to become sleeker and more fit to join an Army.

“I am looking for a family who will love me for who I am and who will also encourage me to stretch to become the best of what is inside of me waiting to bloom. In return I will commit my entire being, heart and soul, to the White Dog Army and all who are part of the family. I will always give you everything I have, 100%.

“I am not pushy or demanding. I appreciate that every member of the pack has something special to contribute and am respectful. I can be nurturing. In general I am pretty mellow although I can be protective of my food bowl…but I would never hurt anyone; I just growl a bit.

“I come from Kansas and am now in New Mexico with a foster who works to help me adjust to a life of security and freedom but I really would like a permanent forever home where I can put down roots and bond. I have read your blog and being able to join the White Dog Army would be more than a dream come true.

“I am willing to work hard to learn your ways, routines, and customs. I am afraid as a breeder I did not grow up with much training or manners.  I am smart and a quick learner…I am sure learning how to use a dog door will be easy if I follow your example.

“I guess I am asking for an in-person interview to meet you, answer your questions, and hopefully convince you to let me stay. My foster mom said she would drive those many hours to bring me. Please?

“Sincerely with all toes crossed,
“Bailey”

White Dog looked at her pack and raised an eyebrow. “Zsofia, are you ready to be a mentor? You would be the best choice but it might not be easy.” Zso sang her affirmative answer without hesitation. Then WD took a vote.

“Dear Bailey,” WD’s response began. “You have touched our hearts already! We all have voted and would like you to come to White Dog Ranch. Can your foster drive you here on Sunday to meet us? It is our hope that she will be returning home alone and we will have a new recruit. Planning the Welcome Feast as I write.


“With love and patience on behalf of the ENTIRE WDA, 
I am Siku Marie, THE White Dog

6 comments:

Jo's World said...

Good luck, Bailey, I am sending you my very best wishes that you are successful in becoming a member of the White Dog Army. It sounds to me that you have got lots of skills to offer. At one time I had a mill retiree and she just amazed me with her learning, she would see something she had never done before, take a deep breath and go to it! It was a joy to watch her jump right in to a new experience.

I will wait to see how your meeting goes and send you good wishes at the same time.

Cheers,
Jo in Minnesota

Random Felines said...

We got all our paws crossed

meowmeowmans said...

Oh wow! This is such an exciting development, WDA friends. We have our paws and fingers crossed, too!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That sounds pretty exciting and we hope the meet n' greet goes well.

The Ladies of Beaglebratz Manor said...

Oh we Beaglebratz Ladiez do hope all thingz werk out fer both the WDA and Bailey. We know how well a newby can thrive when he/she joinz forcez with an established woofie an'good hoo-minz.
Lady Shasta'n Miss Maizie

KB said...

Tears in my eyes. And now I know that it all worked out. WDA is such a force of light and goodness. Thank you.