10.17.2017

October 16, 2017

White Dog peered at Zsofia closely, just as I was doing. She just came in from the yard and had a smudge of something pink on her cheek. Of course when I called her closer to get a better look, she became coy and uncooperative. I grabbed her by the collar and wrestled her to sit between my knees. She began wooing a most pitiful song that brought Bailey and Sachi rushing to her side.

It looked like a smear of blood that had been licked almost clean. I rubbed at the blush and found no wound; nor was there any injury inside of her mouth. "Were you playing too rough?" I asked as I checked her all over thinking maybe she had been self tending to a nip or cut, but she was unblemished. Nor were there any itches or hots spots that might have been irritating her.

Next I did similar checks on her most avid playmates: Bailey, Sachi, Opal, Bella and Pearl. No one had a tender spot or a reddened area.

White Dog came back from checking the toy box. We currently have no red or pink toys that could have transferred color. 

"Did you find a dead thing in the yard?" I asked her. She averted her eyes but the location of the blood was not around her mouth but on her cheek. "Maybe there is a bird down and my sister was rubbing in it," WD ventured. I admitted it WAS a possibility (one later disproven when Steve came home and found nothing).

The interrogation was not answering the pink question and the WDA was getting antsy being held for questioning so I released them back to their pursuits.

This momma is not one who likes unsolved WD mysteries. And when next Zso came in, the telltale blush had been totally removed...as if I had imagined the entire thing.

1 comment:

Random Felines said...

Uh oh....messing with the momma