3.20.2018

March 19, 2018

White Dog was gently snoring in the office. I awakened with the feeling something was out of "normal" and lie quietly listening to the house. No one was rustling. Things seemed peaceful. Slowly as I ran through the checklist of my senses...no unusual smells...a stray dog hair in my mouth but THAT would not have disturbed my sleep...nothing out of place in the dark...

...only it was not dark. What? My brain clicked on the fact that there was a light on in the office. The office always left dark as WD and Tiz preferred. It was shining down the hallway and cast a rectangle of light next to the bed.

I might of just ignored it but for the call of nature so I swung my legs to the carpet and tottered down the hall, sans glasses, to turn off the little dog lamp that was glowing blue. I made my pit stop and then snuggled back under the covers.

In the morning Steve sat down on the bed next to where Bailey and Sachi were already stretched out with me. "It is crowded now," he laughed, "but when I first woke there was not a soul in the room except you, me and Nilla. Every pup was sleeping in the office or office doorway."

He shook his head as White Dog joined us. "It was the strangest thing," he recounted. "When I got up everyone was sleeping on the other side of the hall AND the dog light on your desk was on." I looked at him.

"Sounds like the White Dog Army had a gathering with the Over the Bridge WDA. When I got up in the night that light was glowing and I shut it off.."

We both looked around the bedroom, no pup would make eye contact.

1 comment:

Random Felines said...

Just a reminder of those still with us