7.21.2018

July 20, 2018

White Dog saw what was happening and barked sharply to get her sister's attention, "Bailey! BAI! Hey! Bai!"

Bailey turned and looked questioningly. WD continued. "I know you REALLY want another sip of coffee but you are standing on momma's toe. You are heavy and are hurting her." Bailey looked back to me and down; the pain was making my eyes water and as I pushed to move her she leaned her 70lbs forward against my leg (adding more pressure) so she would not lose her place in the Coffee Club line.

"Bai, my love," I tried to sound calm but I was close to tears. "MOVE!"
Later, Steve looked over at me. "What happened? Your foot is all bruised." I already had noticed the color forming and felt the throbbing. "Need to do some toe strengthening exercises; my wimpy feet just don't hold up to the force of Sibes wanting my attention."

1 comment:

meowmeowmans said...

Poor Bai. And poor YOU, Mom Sue! Maybe you can get some steel-toed boots? :)