8.23.2018

August 23, 2018

White Dog started to interpret but I rolled my eyes and she sat down, silently, to watch things unfold.

Opal stood in front of me in the living room. I was reading. She stood with purpose so I looked up. She pointedly turned her head and looked at my coffee mug sitting on my little cart. "Sorry, my love. I finished my coffee."

She took a step closer and looked again at the mug; this time she held the gaze longer. "Opal, the cup is empty. You had yours earlier."

My Sparkling Girl head butted me and made a little jump toward the cart. Her attitude was that she was talking someone witless or that I was purposely being obtuse.  "I am trying to read. Coffee time is done for the day. There is no more."

Another tactic was required, clearly. She sighed and settled herself so that she could lick my foot. White Dog had an "I told you so" look. I wanted to get back to my reading so I held the thoroughly empty mug down to her. "Look for yourself, Opal. The mug is totally empty, not a drop remains. Now please." My Girl thrust her nose into the cup and pulled it out as she sniffed. Her look said, "Hey! Where is the coffee?"

"I TOLD you it was empty," I repeated.

Opal looked at the mug, got up, walked to the kitchen gate, and stared like a bird dog at the coffeemaker. White Dog, laughing, hopped off of the couch and left the room.

2 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Poor Opal. It's almost as though she's trying to will some more coffee into your mug! :)

Random Felines said...

poor Opal....mom had to laugh as Opal reminds her very much of Chanel