9.18.2018

September 18, 2018

White Dog stood next to me for a long time and encouraged me to keep stroking her face, ears, and side. She turned so that her other side would not be neglected. She rested quietly under my hand and looked into my eyes.

WD is not usually so cuddly...or patient. "Are you feeling all right, Little One," I asked as I felt for added warmth or a hard tummy. She was fine; her eyes were clear and her breathing good. She rested her body against my leg.

It was also unusual in that the office was empty except for she and I.

I turned and invited her into my lap. She came up and nosed into the desk drawer that is her "hiding place" for things too personal and loved to share with her siblings. Things that are only hers in a family that shares just about everything (and with brothers and sisters who have loved too many of "her" things into oblivion.

White Dog gently put her paw on blue lambie, a stuffie she has had since she first came to us. Paw on her baby, chin on the drawer, she settled onto my lap in what seemed like a bit of reminiscence. I held her tenderly.

And then we heard the dog door slam and Bella zoomed in to join us...followed by Tiz and Bai.The moment was gone.

I shifted WD higher into my arms and shut the drawer. I kissed her nose. And she gracefully jumped down to rest in her usual spot next to the desk where she was quickly joined by her sisters.. 

1 comment:

meowmeowmans said...

Togetherness is great, but so are special times, just you and Mom, White Dog. Right?