9.27.2018

September 27, 2018

White Dog volunteered to put together a short list of suspects when I came out of the office to discover the vase standing devoid of the four sunflowers remaining from the bouquet Steve gave me at the beginning of the week.

I had come out following the big drops that I noticed in the hallway and backtracked to find out their story. At that point I wasn't sure what the liquid was or where it had come from. It took me a minute to survey the living room and to find the little pool and some leaves on the chair next to our round entry chest.

"I wonder if any of you might be able to tell me where my sunflowers have flown off to?" I asked. There was an exchange of innocent looks. "And maybe who helped them find freedom?"

I continued. "Since the vase is standing on top of that tall chest and has not been knocked over I think that Bella, Pearl, Opal, And White Dog are excused because they are not tall enough. And Nilla because she is gated in the kitchen."

Those named scampered off knowing they were not suspects.

"Tiz you were sleeping in the office while I worked. That leaves the WDA with a history of counter surfing. But it could not have been Roman since he cannot carry things while wearing a muzzle."

I looked at White Dog. "Seems I have a short list of suspects without needing you to compromise yourself. Now I wonder which one it is?"

1 comment:

Random Felines said...

oooo - a mystery (sort of - haha)