10.20.2018

October 19, 2018

White Dog leaned hr head against my leg and softly sighed as Zsofia came up and took the other leg.

"Momma," Zsofia said as she tilted her head back to look into my eyes (this is her I love you most, mom look). "Are you hungry? It is almost lunchtime." I was reading and had not noticed the time. "I am not yet," I told her, "but before long I will need to eat so I can take my meds."

"You know, momma, I am VERY hungry. I think maybe dad confused my breakfast bowl with Bella's and I only got a Tiny Girl's sustenance. In fact I felt weak a little while ago. My head was swimming and my tummy growled from being empty." I rubbed my hand down her side. "Poor Girl, maybe a sip of water and a nap  before afternoon treats might hold you over."

"Can I share YOUR lunch, momma?" "Sweet Zso, that would not be fair to your siblings plus luncheon meat is not the best thing for pups."

"Um, momma?" "Yes, Itty Bitty Baby Girl?" "What if I ALREADY shared your lunch?" I turned her around to look at me.

"I did not mean to," she explained. "I was just at your desk checking to see what you had waiting. I could not quite see what was on the plate so I pulled it a little closer and it accidentally fell off your high place and onto the floor. I did not want you to eat a sandwich that was full of furs...neither did Opal. So we cleaned up for you. It was only fair to share with Opal as the plate almost landed on her. There is no mess left at all. Opal even carried off the plastic wrap."

I went into the office. Sure enough my turkey sandwich has disappeared and the plate was on the dog mat at the side of my desk. Opal was no where to be found. I turned to respond to Zsofia but discovered, confession over, My Girl had headed out to avoid consequences.


No comments: