10.09.2018

October 8, 2018

White Dog sat waiting for my attention when I stumbled out of the bedroom this morning for coffee. I am not a morning person and all know that I am challenged until midmorning, post-coffee but it was a work day and WD and Steve needed my focus.

We have reached the place in the year where Autumn is settling in and mornings are brisk and often a bit overcast until the sun burns off the clouds. It makes for some moody mornings and contemplation.

White Dog began, "Dad and I put this together for you, Momma. Sort of a 'just because' gift. But I know with news of so many friends crossing and the state of the world pressing heavy you have been feeling a bit bittersweet. Dad said it was all right to give this to your this morning."

With that she hopped off of the sofa and carried over a slim book of photographs. Tears rolled before I even opened the cover. My loving Girl and Steve had assembled their favorite photos of WD into a beautiful black and white collection that traveled across our days til present.

Steve smiled. "To use ALL of our favorite photos and to truly capture the bond of the Little White Dog of Your Heart, would have taken an encyclopediac set. We worked hard to choose each that appear. This is 'pocket' version to give you a smile when you have lost yours."

3 comments:

Random Felines said...

that is a wonderful "just because" gift

NanaNor's said...

I visit but don't often leave a comment-what a touching post! Thank you for sharing, such a sweet gift.
Noreen and Hunter

yanmaneee said...

yeezy boost
yeezy shoes
kyrie 4
nike epic react
yeezy shoes
nike air force
nike shoes
cheap jordans
air max 270
air max 90