1.14.2019

Jnuary 14, 2019

White Dog was afraid that pointing it out would jinx the progress but it was too good not to call out with praise.

Tizenegy was resting on his mattress when Roman quietly came into the office and nuzzled my hand. I stroked his ears and he settled on the doggie sofa bed next to me. He was there for a few minutes before Tiz noticed him and started huffing and puffing about the other boy's presence.

"Tiz, relax Buddy. Roman is resting nicely and is being polite. Do NOT push him." Of course, Tiz immediately got up and walked over to stand in front of Roman's face. I took a breath, ready to command separation and when Tiz reached over and SNIFFED Roman's ear I turned my seat in case a physical intervention was necessary.

Amazingly, Roman did not react. At all. No hard breathing. No ears back. Not a curled lip and not a sound. A couple of months ago just Tiz's posturing would have had Roman is reactive fight mode. "Stay calm, Roman." I told him. "Your response is wonderful. You are such a good boy! I am proud of you."

And to Tizenegy, "Please go rest back on your bed and don't be a bully. Go off by yourself if you cannot be social. You are not being harmed nor is he taking any of your stuff. Be the good boy that you are." Tiz looked at me and at Roman who was totally uninterested in macho one upsmanship. He went and laid down in his corner spot; just to count some coup he made a point of circling and settling so that his back faced the room.

Roman lifted his head to accept my compliment about his focus and hard work on manners. Then he settled comfortably to nap with the others filling my workspace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Most people think that dogs have an undeveloped olfactory system and therefore a weaker vision.But it's not reasonable.

Click here to know can dogs see in the dark