2.08.2019

February 7, 2019

White Dog heard the cough and went rushing out to sit next to Steve on the sofa. "Let me sniff your eyeballs," she told him. "I think SOME dad is getting the sickies."

He was sick but when he went to urgent care, they dismissed his congestion as asthma issues and ordered him to increase use of his inhaler. He tried to tell them they were wrong but came home from work feeling very flu-ridden and hacking...and frustrated. 


The White Dog Army nurses went to work. WD ordered water to be put on for tea while Roman led Steve in to the bathroom to gargle with salt water. Zsofia pulled out a sweatshirt and Bailey put the quilt on the sofa. "Bundle up, dad," Bella bossed. "You need to sweat and be warm."
Tizenegy suggested honey stirred into the tea to ease the throat. Pearl jumped up and felt Steve's forehead. "Dad, you are running a fever. You need aspirin."
Opal, my protector above all, pushed me away when I bent to kiss Steve. "Momma, you cannot afford to get whatever this is. You are still recovering yourself. Keep a distance." "Baby Girl, it is going to be hard to avoid contact with dad but I will wash my hands a lot and will turn away when he coughs. I won't share cups or be reckless but we ARE all in the same house. Maybe we should send dad BACK to UC and let him hack germs all over THEM."

No comments: