4.24.2019

April 24, 2019

White Dog kissed me for luck. "Four o'clock, Little White Dog of My Heart. I will be back, sitting in the momma chair, and all will be normal then," I promised. "Thank you all for wrapping me in your strength and health wishes."

Reluctantly, they stepped back into the house and watched me make my way down to the car. I could hear their song as we backed down the drive.

Today was the followup with my cardiologist, a guy I am coming to respect for his knowledge and thoroughness...and his honesty. I had an extensive echocardiogram done. The science lover in me appreciated the images and sounds appearing on the screen that revealed what was happening inside my body. "I wonder what the WDA would think of THIS song," I thought.

In the meeting with the doctor after, he seemed surprised and pleased at how well my pump performed. There are no mechanical or structural issues which means that our course of action is going to be to manage the a-fib. "You are likely going to live with a-fib for the rest of your life. The extreme medications and procedures are not ones I recommend and arrhythmia is not going to kill you." He moved me from what he considered "old medicine" (warfarin) to one of the more effective newer drugs ("because a blood thinner will prevent strokes from blood clots that could potentially rise from your condition") and asked for me to return in six months.

I walked in and paused on the sun porch to be greeted. Then I sank into the momma chair to answer questions. I WAS kind of glad to be home. We shared treats...and a VERY late lunch snack as I explained the afternoon.

"But momma," White Dog said, "I am glad there is nothing wrong but that puts us back at the beginning. WHAT is causing your problems?"

Hopefully the pulmonologist might have some answers," I sighed just wanting some answers.

1 comment:

Random Felines said...

sounds like you are at least headed in the right direction