11.01.2019

November 1, 2019

White Dog greeted me with "Did you hear about the guy who jumped off of a bridge in Paris" It was early I had barely opened my eyes and had not had coffee. "What?" I mumbled.

"Yeah, he was in Seine!"

I looked at her blankly. "Get it, momma? Today is the anniversary of YoYoMa's birth. He KNEW you'd love it!"

Just then there was a little thump against me on the blankets. "And it is Bella's Gotcha Day. She came here on this day in 2014."

"So," White Dog said, "heading toward the door. "Dad and I are going for breakfast donuts...you know Yo loved the crispy cake ones with peanuts on them. Later, Zso and Bailey are going to help dad make a cake, coconut, her favorite, for Bella's Gotcha Day dinner. Go back to sleep; that is all of the news."

And suddenly, I was alone...wide awake now but alone. Everyone else had gone to watch in the windows for White Dog and Steve to return.

1 comment:

meowmeowmans said...

Happy anniversary of Yo's birthday, and happy gotcha day to Bella!