1.24.2020

January 23, 2020

White Dog said, "She is probably right, you know."

Our weather has been sunny and mild the past few days which has convinced Our Darkest White Dog that it is time to throw open the doors to let in the fresh air and to welcome summer.

I have cringed inside as my lips say my mother's words out loud to my "child." "Zso, in or out. Do not stand with the door wide open you are letting the heat out." She looks at me as I am sure I did to my mother, "But momma, the day is warm and feels good."
"Fine, then," I tell her. "if you think the weather is so balmy go out and play in the yard.Take whatever pup wants to join you, but the furnace is still on and we are paying to keep the house a comfy temp so close the doors."
"I guess I will sit out here by myself. That will show them. Nobody else wanted to get off their mattresses and come outside. Wait, what if momma gives treats and I am out here..."
 


No comments: