7.25.2020

July 25, 2020

White Dog spent the day checking in via internet on the cast who were rehearsing at their homes on this rainy damp Albuquerque day. First she and Joey zoomed and she listened as he read lines with his dad. She smiled at his confidence and the gentle nuance his dad coached out of his Bernardo.
Next WD checked in on Rosencranz and Guildenstern, Sally and Andy who were practicing "best friends hanging out" looks. "Perfect," she told them. "You look exactly like pals that grew up together with Hamlet and are just totally buds. You are so comfortable, relaxed, boundary-less."
Charly was out with his dad at the park exercising. His mommi said he was working hard to stay fit so he would be a poster model of a loyal guard. White Dog and Asta did have a conversation about her dual roles. Asta had Fontinbras down pat but was having a hard time cutting down her wardrobe for her Reynaldo, sent to Paris to spy on Laertes. "You know me and Paris," Asta told WD. "I want to be prepared for anything." The Director reminded the fashionista that the part was just a few lines at Elsinore and then the character leaves. "By the way," White Dog added, "I love your profile photo...so summery."
Finally, White Dog turned attention to home. She summoned Roman and Tizenegy to the office and bade them to get comfortable.

"It is wet and nasty outside with snails everywhere," she told them. "Let's do a read through of the Scene in Act 1 when you talk about Yorick." The boys stretched and settled; Tiz on his bed and Roman on a chair.  Tizenegy started barking. "What?" he asked. "I am just warning up my vocal chords. NOW I am ready."
The director pointed at the skull. "And...go!"

Roman as Hamlet spoke. "Let me see. (takes the skull) Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath borne me on his back a thousand times, and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. —Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now to mock your own grinning? Quite chapfallen? Now get you to my lady’s chamber and tell her, let her paint an inch thick, to this favor she must come. Make her laugh at that.—Prithee, Horatio, tell me one thing."

Tizenegy as Horatio was about to answer when a great clamor arose out in the living room. It was a White Dog Army red alert! Everything was put on hold as the Army ran to the windows and began singing. The noise brought Steve to the crowd and he pushed his way to see out. 

"I'll be right back," Steve called and I heard the front door slam. The WDA song continued and then stopped. Steve poked his head into the room. "Chaco from across the street had escaped and was standing in the front yard wooing Bailey. I grabbed him and took him home."

Roman came in, pressed against my leg, and said, "Now that we have secured the perimeter can we have a treat break? That was kind of intense."

1 comment:

meowmeowmans said...

That's so great that rehearsals are going strong. Thank goodness Dad Steve was able to catch Chaco and take him home. Yes, treats are in order, for sure! :)

Hugs to you all, WDA!