8.10.2020

August 10, 2020

White Dog rubbed against my leg. "Momma, it is SO itchy," she complained about the new furs growing back where her legs had been shaved by our vet.
I picked up the Little White Dog of My Heart and massaged both legs with soothing aloe vera. I kissed her on the head and wrapped her in my lap blanket so the gel could soak in.

"The best thing," I told her, "is not to think about the itch. In a day or two the hairs will be long enough to not poke."

I did not have the heart to reminder her that next week she must go for a new ultrasound to make sure her pancreatic cyst is staying empty; they will need to anesthetize her for the procedure so a spot on the leg will be shaved. Instead I gave her a piece of duck jerky to take her mind off of her itchies.

1 comment:

meowmeowmans said...

Poor girl. We are sorry you have those itchies, and will purring that all goes well with the ultrasound and all that comes with it. XO