8.12.2020

August 12, 2020

White Dog said, "I told him to stop scratching and chewing on himself, momma. Now he has made himself bloody. Can you fix him?"

We stopped dinner prep and called Tizenegy out where we could see him. He had worried a hotspot on his back and it was raw and red. There was a second spot on his hip that was scabbed from his efforts.

I looked at Steve and he headed into the bathroom to mix up some medicated oatmeal shampoo and to get towels ready.

"Baby Boy," I told him. "It is bathtime. It will soothe you and cool the pain. You cannot chew at yourself; it is not a good solution. Dad will help you and after you get two treats, some spray, and an apoquel pill. You'll feel MUCH better, I promise."
"Oh, did I mention that it will then be your favorite time of the day," I teased. "What time is that?" he asked. The entire White Dog Army responded, "why DINNER time, of course!"

No comments: