10.26.2020

October 25, 2020

White Dog, Steve and the rest of the White Dog Army got busy right after dinner. All of the windows were completely closed. Swamp cooler vents were switched shut. The thermostat was adjusted.

"What is everyone doing?" I asked innocently. "Can't you feel it, momma?" Tizenegy asked me. "A BIG shift in the weather is coming," Roman told me. "We are preparing for it to hit during the night," Bella manically gushed.

Steve walked past carrying the winter blankets for the bed. "The weather report indicates the temperature is going down to the twenties tonight and will only be forty tomorrow. We are supposed to get snow over the next couple of days."

"I think WE are a lot more reliable than your computer when it comes to the weather," White Dog responded in a somewhat miffed tone. "Tiz, Roman and I can feel it in our bones. Zsofia and Bailey just keep sticking their heads out of the dog door in anticipation. Opal is busy building a deep nest with the dog blankets and poor Bella gets more confused whenever there is a change in air pressure. You can see already that she will be awake all night."

I opened my arms to my family. "Remember, you are all safe. You are inside and warm. We will be comfortable no matter what happens outside. Even the winds are just scary noise. Dad will be with you for night-night walks, be sure to take care of business so you do not need to brave the cold in the night for that. Let's do what packs have done since the beginning of time...huddle together and share our heat."





No comments: