1.29.2021

January 28, 2021

White Dog understands the importance of getting up and moving around even if it is slowly and it hurts a little. She knows because she, too, must sometimes push herself for the long term goal of continued mobility. 

White Dog is my cheerleader and nudge as I struggle a little more than before to do physical therapy and move with my right foot wrapped to protect my toe ulcer. The bandage makes flexing and shifting weight on the foot off balance and interrupts my sense of where I am placing my feet. "Even if you do not march or spring on your toes, momma, it is important to stand up," she tells me. Roman, our tripaw, echoes her. 

I know HE had no cheerleaders as whatever happened to his leg clearly happened without medical intervention. HE did it entirely on his own. I know he often feels pain associated with the leg even years after the incident. Every day he lies nearby, watching me with deep focused eyes. I can feel him willing me to push myself to achieve.

The others have picked up White Dog's encouraging mantra and surround me with positive mojo of their own that carries more weight than they know. 

Finally, it seems that the ulcer is healing and closing up; before long I will no longer need to be wrapped. It gives comfort to know that I have an Army of support that will still be there to oversee my health and keep me going. 

3 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's really good news and we're so glad to hear it!

meowmeowmans said...

We are so glad to hear your ulcer is healing and closing up! And that you have such an awesome army of cheerleaders!

Becky Wells said...

Sue, that is such great news, both the healing and the cheerleaders. Count me among them!