4.26.2021

April 26, 2021

White Dog was at Dr. Julia's office getting her PRP Therapy and missed the excitement of our electricity being cut down at the prime of our day. Steve's multiple computer screens in the office went blank...I was yanked midsentence from a Facebook response...the fans slowed and then stopped.

It got very quiet as we all waited for the usual two minutes then the beeping noisy roar back to life. It didn't happen.

"OMD! It is REAL! Dad get momma's backup oxygen! Momma, stay calm we are getting the tank now," Zsofia took charge. 

I was actually connected to the portable before My Itty Bitty Girl finished shouting orders; there is backup in everyroom. Opal hopped onto the bed to check the fullness of the tank and I took an oximeter reading. "Looks like we are good for a while," I reassured.

Bailey kept trying to read Steve's cell as he scrolled to find a clue as to the problem. "Seems someone knocked down a pole," they came in to report. "Several neighborhoods are listing outages. They say things should be righted by 4:30."

"Should we get the laterns out?" Roman asked. "I think we are good with hours of daylight remaining. What would be helpful is if you went out and did a quick perimeter check." He dashed out of the dog door.

Bella, too, was missing the drama. Our deaf girl was in the throes of her afternoon nap and was spared the upset of technology's loss.

"What time is it?" I asked Steve who still wears a wristwatch. "Five minutes until four." "White Dog is ready to come home. Why not gate Roman in the kitchen and secure Bella's space then go pick up Our Girl. There is nothing that can be done here."

"Yes, dad, we will take care of momma! Go bring home White Dog who is probably starving and wanting her own bed." I reached down to the shelf of my computer cart and pulled out the book I started to read and then neglected. "Yes, we will be fine. I will read this research study about dogs and love to my experts...their opinion might tell me whether to finish or not."

"Hi Army," White Dog greeted her siblings. "Dad tells me I missed a day out of the ordinary." "Yep," Roman said, "but the crisis is averted the electricity went back on about three minutes ago. What you hear is not a fanfare announcing your arrival; it is all of the devices that need resetting...like momma's oxygen generator."

I heard Bella stretch and shake her collar. She pranced into the room. "Is it treat time already?" she asked.

1 comment:

Random Felines said...

I laughed at Bella. I fostered a deaf kitten and he was always a few minutes behind