4.29.2021

April 28, 2021


White Dog listened to the rumbling outside and asked Steve, "are you sure you want to head out in this?" Roman clung to his pant leg and Bailey was tightly lying against the door. The thunderstorm promised had finally arrived just as Steve had to leave to make the appointment to receive his second COVID vaccine. 

"Yes, I cannot miss this appointment. I just hope there is not a line outside," Steve told the WDA. "When I get back I will make popcorn and we can celebrate that I am fully vaccinated."

"What about momma?" Roman asked. "She can have popcorn, too. With lots of butter like you all enjoy best." 

"No, I mean getting vaccinated," Roman insisted. "Doesn't momma need shots?" I reached down and told him, "Remember they came to the house a while back and gave me a shot. THAT was my COVID vaccine. It was different from dad's in that it was the single dose version but after today we will BOTH be protected. And all of you are naturally safe. So popcorn to celebrate when dad gets home?"  The clap of thunder rattled the windows.

"Better get going,dad," White Dog told him. "At least you can get out to Pumpkin, if you hurry, without getting wet."

1 comment:

TimberLove said...

Please pass on our congrats to Steve! Love an woooos to Roman,

Nuk & family