5.02.2021

May 2, 2021

White Dog went to check on the production of dog meals for the month leaving Zsofia and I alone together on the bed.

"Momma," she said after looking around to make sure we were alone. "Can you cuddle me and tell me the story of how I came to be your Itty Bitty Baby Girl? It is my favorite story."

I draped my arm around her and curled my body against hers so I could whisper the story that always starts with "You came to us as a very special gift from the family of one of dad's students. The student was a challenge but dad helped him study and learn; his family was very grateful and you were their way of sharing something important to them as thanks. Dad got to hold you when you were just a few days old, your eyes were not even open yet, and he told you that we were waiting for you. You had nine brothers and sisters."

"Did you name me Zsofia because of where I came from?"

"Dad gave me the privilege of naming you. And yes, Zsofia means Wisdom which I thought was perfect. And the spelling honors my grandmother, one of the wisest women I ever met. And there was a little part of me who heard that Siberian Huskies can be runners and I wanted you to have a name that would make you think and not run away; I was afraid I would lose you." "NEVER! Momma! I am your Itty Bitty Baby Girl. For always."

I kissed her head just as Bailey and Opal came in to see what we were doing. "We will finish this later if you want," I told Zso. She smiled and hopped down to follow her sisters out to play chase.



1 comment: