9.27.2021

September 26, 2021

White Dog heard my squeal gasp and sent Zsofia running in to the bedroom.I was rocking back and forth in pain holding my left foot out and up.

"Momma," Zsofia said as the others began crowding into the room, "what is the matter?" I said a blue word and looked down at my toes; one was already swelling and changing color.

"Oh Zso, I went to turn to sit down and somehow ended up bending my toes backward. They REALLY hurt like crazy!" She leaned down and sniffed, then moved aside so everyone else could do the same. Opal and Bailey went back to report to White Dog; Roman brought Steve in...just as Zsofia ran her tongue over my toes and tried to push between them. I screamed in pain. "ZSO STOP NOW!" She jumped away.
"I am so sorry, momma! I was not trying to hurt you. I was assessing the damage." Steve stepped around the others. "I think what we need to do is to rearrange momma so we can put her foot up on the bed and we can see better. But lets try not to touch the wonky toes. Then we can put an ice pack on them and you can be on duty making sure the pack stays wrapped and in place. The rest of us will get some aspirin and water and whatever she needs to be comfortable. Then maybe she might like to rest."

As they walked out of the door I heard Bailey suggesting "maybe we should have treats, nothing makes me feel better than something to nom. And momma gets such joy sharing treats with ALL of us."


1 comment:

Becky Wells said...

OMD! That looks painful. I did it too when I ran my toes in the bed frame. I hope it heals quickly. Love to all Becky