5.25.2022

May 25, 2022

 "Bailey, what is that on your forehead. Come here and let me see." My simple request prompted a game of 'Avoid Momma' as she wriggled out of reach, did a quick reverse to avoid Steve, and headed into the yard.

"I think she is bleeding." I told Steve. "Did you hear anyone getting too wound up in play? Roman has been here with me so it was not him . Let's just wait until she comes back inside and surprise her. It will take both of us to hold her, to look, and if needed to clean and put cream on the spot."

Steve held up the gauze pad which was covered in blood. "I wonder what happened," he sort of asked Our Peacekeeper. "I don't see or feel any slimed areas that would indicate fighting," I said. "I think Ms. I Am Itchy But You Can't Brush Me was scratching and caught herself with her claw. They ARE getting long but I am not sure I am up for the wrestling match to trim them."

Steve preloaded his finger with antiseptic cream and as I offered her a treat he hit the spot with it and gently massaged it in. "We should keep on eye on it and keep putting the cream on it. I don't think we need to see Dr. Julia unless it gets infected," he told us both.

I rubbed Bai's ears. "Let's schedule some spa time for you this weekend," I suggested. "I put you down for a nail trim and comb out."

1 comment:

Gus Dagger said...

Prayers for all of you. And tell Bai t behave or I will send Teka to. Convince her to behave. My cousin Albert is Teka’s enforcer