11.29.2022

November 29, 2022

 


Bailey awakened from a nap when I returned from work and asked, "Dad, I saw you looking through old photo albums of Momma last night. What was that one photo with a nice lady where Momma was wearing a silver gown?"

Well, Bailey, when we moved to Albuquerque from Chicago, we took photos of everyone we wanted to remember. That particular photo was taken at the hair salon with Janice, the hair stylist who cut Momma's and Dad's hair for twenty years. We used to walk down to the salon in our old neighborhood and get our hair cut together. Janice became a friend through the years we visited the salon. 

It makes me feel less lonely to see Momma smiling and happy. I like to think that Momma looks like that now as she watches over us. "I feel Momma around us all the time, and she DOES look like that," Bailey sang in her best husky woos. "I feel Momma too, sweet girl," I replied.

Janice and Sue in 1998



3 comments:

TimberLove said...

Love an woo-woooos mates!

Nuk

Brian's Home Blog said...

We know that feeling will be there for you always.

meowmeowmans said...

We know Mom Sue is always watching over you, sweet friends.