4.28.2018

April 27, 2018

White Dog ate only a few bites of breakfast and then went back to bed. When I came into the office to work, she was sleeping quite soundly in her little niche next to my chair. Her eyelids barely fluttered as I sat down and fired up the computer.

Just before lunchtime the Little White Dog of My Heart stood, stretched, asked for gentle strokes...and then bolted from the room. I heard the dog door slam.

She came back in and asked me to lift her into my arms. She rested her head around the curve of my neck and sort of moaned. Her nose was drippy against my skin and her eyes looked gunky. She was slightly congested.

It is our season of high winds which whip dust and endless "seedies" into potent sneeze producing clouds and allergy aggravating billows. Our front and back yards are covered in seed caterpillars and the dust collecting is enough from the open door to leave a coating on the coffee table.

Bella had a sneezing fit after breakfast and ah-chooed almost a dozen times before clearing her snooter.

"Baby Girl," I asked White Dog, "would you like some allergy relief? You look miserable. It will make you sleepy but you will be more comfortable."

She looked grateful at the suggestion although not SO grateful that she just swallowed the pill down. Smeared in brie and wrapped with a small strip of ham ("Just because you look so pathetic") did the trick, however.

I cuddled her a bit longer and then she asked to be set down. She went and curled up in her bed in the closet behind me and went to sleep. A short time later, Nilla came in and laid down next to her...her nurse for the afternoon...SHE did what everyone knows to do...she slept as the patient slept.

2 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Poor Bella. Allergies are not fun at all, and we are sorry that season has arrived at your house.

Random Felines said...

Tell White Dog that mom,feels her pain