7.13.2018

July 13, 2018

White Dog came and sat with me in the very early hours as I fretted about Pearl and her date with Dr. Julia for a dental this morning. "You know, Pearly is NOT good with rides," I reminded her. "Or strange places. I am very worried about the stress she will endure to get through the day."

White Dog rested her head against my chest. "Pearl is tougher than you think. Remember, she survived being a mill dog. Dad will do everything possible to keep her calm and reassure her when they go to the vet, and yes, she will most likely get sick in the car. But I know my sister and I know she will ultimately be just fine."

Steve and Pearl backed down the drive a little after 8am and I concentrated on sending positive thoughts...so did all of the WDA. Steve called me at 3pm to say Pearl would be ready to come home after 5pm.

"Seems kind of long," I mentioned nervously. "She had a couple of tough extractions," he said. "All told she lost five teeth. So she is still pretty groggy."

The WDA rushed to sniff and greet when she walked in but Pearl hoped onto the Watching Chair, curled up and did not wake until Steve's dinner call.

She slurped up her soft meal of yogurt,  noodles, applesauce without hesitation. "THAT is a good sign," WD pointed out to me. Then Pearl returned to her chair and the interrupted nap.

"Let's give her a pass if she does not want to go for a walk tonight," I told Steve. White Dog smiled at me. "Good idea, but I bet she will be in line for her leash. Best start thinking about soft treats for her now."

4 comments:

Debra Perry said...

It’s wonderful article and great to share with us, i have also find out some online stores but you can easily purchase dog cooling mat from online store from Australia.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Poor sweetie, that dental work is never any fun.

Random Felines said...

Poor baby....Junior just lost 9 teeth so he sympathizes

meowmeowmans said...

Poor sweet Pearl. We are sending comforting purrs and prayers your way.