9.23.2018

September 23, 2018

White Dog nodded toward Tizenegy. "Dad, you better give Tiz some extra attention, he was missing you LOTS while you were away. You might notice his liquid "love letters" around the house. Honestly, he can be so nervous sometimes. I TOLD him you were coming home."

Steve and I met Beth, in town from Virginia, for dinner tonight. As usual when we left we told the White Dog Army where we were going and promised a special treat when we returned. Since it was a"school night," (Steve has to be into work early tomorrow) we told them it would not be a late outing.

When we walked in the door, Steve greeted each member of the Army and cupped Tizenegy's head. In response to White Dog's comment, he said to his boy, "Go wait for me on your bed. Let me clean up your spots and then you and I can have a little special time. What do you say?" Tiz excitedly scampered off and then back to Steve's side three times before our OCD baby actually sat wagging on his bed.  Steve did what was needed as he called out encouragement to Tiz.

A few minutes later Steve walked into the office. "OK Buddy, here I am!" He looked to the corner and this is what he saw:
The anticipation was overload for our old man.

Quietly, Steve backed out of the room and went out to the kitchen to prepare dog dinners. Steve fretted about his unkept promise but Pearly reassured him. "Don't worry, dad, as soon as he hears kibble hitting bowls he will be out." And sure enough...

2 comments:

AAA Dog Training, Inc said...

Great post. I was once checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information specially the closing part. I maintain such information much. I was once seeking this specific information for a very long time. Many thanks and best of luck.


Dog training in MD

Random Felines said...

Oh Tiz...what a sweet old man