11.14.2018

November 14, 2018

White Dog, the others often forget, has wants and needs of her own. They assume their leader surrenders "her" time not because she sees others needier but because she is so independent. Today was a day when the Little White Dog of My Heart was wanting...for attention...for momma time...for extra reassurance.

But Bella and Opal claimed and would not yield the space next to me at my desk. Zsofia stretched at my feet in front of the momma chair. Tizenegy slid between her and my knee to rest HIS head. Each time, WD silently stood aside and went to rest in her bed. No amount of my asking the others to stepback or my calling her to me recaptured the moment lost.

After dinner, she tried again. This time, Steve helped her into my lap as I worked. I wrapped my arms around her and cooed for her to stop struggling. "I know you are not a cuddle bunny," I told her, "but I have not been blind to your time being pushed aside. If you cannot get anyone to make room next to me, sit on me. Let us just relax together for a bit."

She leaned against my shoulder and tried to ignore everyone's sudden interest...at least for a short while. When I felt her body's tenseness ease, I kissed her and whispered in her ear, "Remember always, you are my daemon."

2 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

So sweet. We love that you two got special time together!

Random Felines said...

it is about making time for each of them as they allow :)