11.05.2018

November 5, 2018

White Dog came to me for tips on how to explain the time change to the White Dog Army. "Every pup feels like we are being punished," she told me. "Suddenly our regular times for meals has been moved. We are hungry. It seems mean."

I wrapped my arms around her. "Little White Dog of My Heart, I am afraid that there is no really sane explanation. It is another crazy thing humans do in our attempts to pretend we control the natural world. I understand your unhappiness. I think that darkness at four in the afternoon is depressing and makes it seem like bedtime WAY before it really is. It zaps energy. All of our lives are ruled by this silly turning of the clocks until next Spring when it goes back the other way. Feel free to protest but I fear that you will need to create a bigger campaign than just here at home...or be the incredible beings you are and adapt."

The protest:

The boycott started out strong
But fresh duck made by Steve in an effort to soften the time issue soon saw resolve crumble


No comments: