12.18.2018

December 17, 2018

White Dog was definitely being "subtly" watched by the Army...and if I noticed the eyes following her, SHE certainly did. "Wonder what this is all about?" I covertly asked the Little White Dog of My Heart.

She moved around to hide in the legwell of my desk. "It is actually kind of wonderful. They are waiting for me to go outside or fall deeply asleep so that they can approach you about next Saturday. So I am going to head out and stroll the perimeter and give them an opportunity. I will stay out until you send Bella out to look for me under the guise of you being worried that I am so long outside."

WD came out from under the desk pretending to crunch some "find" and trotted out of the dog door. Roman hip-hopped behind her but stopped inside the door. "OK she is out doing her business and sniffing around," he reported.

The White Dog Army blizzarded into the office.

Zsofia took the lead. "White Dog's birthday is in just a few days. She is going to be a Queenly 13. We want to have the BEST celebration ever, momma. But how can we do that without her knowing our plans? It MUST be a surprise to be the best." I smiled to myself.

I agreed to help behind the scenes and we divided the Army into teams to organize and plan...foods...entertainment...presents...keeping our Little Miss occupied. "Dad will make an effort each evening after dinner to run an errand where she gets to go along for the ride. He will be glad to be a part of this. That will give you a meeting time each day. And she and I will get busy planning the distribution of our sharing gifts to the community; some of you may have to do double duty with that so she does not suspect. But it will give you more time if you are careful and stealth."

I could tell every pup was on it and already thinking of things to put on their list. "I wonder where White Dog is," I said as I looked around. "Not like her to be out so long. Bella, could you go see if she is all right?"

Bella zoomed out as the others scattered back to look nonchalant. She burst back in breathless to say, "She was just watching a hawk and the clouds." WD came in and winked at me.

Later, when we were just us two, I rubbed her neck. "They love you so. Give them this moment to show you how much. Each is putting his or her heart into giving you a perfect day. And it will be wonderful. Enjoy the anticipation and your counter-secret."

No comments: