2.20.2019

February 20, 2019

White Dog waited politely until I sat down  had my first sip of coffee; then she came and sat in front of me.  The rest of the White Dog Army already had THEIR drinks so she and I were more or less alone.
"So here is the plan," White Dog began, "today is National Love Your Pet Day so we will share some extra treats across the day starting with maybe some dental chews before our morning naps. You show us every single day how much you love us but I am certain that you will want to embrace the tradition of this holiday. And how about a warming chicken stew with carrots, brussels sprouts, and broccoli for dinner; maybe with croutons and melted goat cheese on top? Peanut butter cookies would be a nice finish just fresh from the oven."

My Girl seemed to have the day well ordered and was even considerate enough to make meal prep easy...with the added bonus of scenting the house with the smells of simmering stew.

"One more thing, momma," WD added. "I want to share the day with our brothers and sisters over the bridge...so THEY know they are always loved and are part of our celebrations."
I gave her a hug as Steve took the photo of our Tribute Wall in the office. "So many beautiful faces I hope they truly know that being a part of the White Dog Army means being forever loved with all our hearts."

"They do," she said softly. "We ALL do."

No comments: