6.14.2019

June 13, 2019

White Dog tried "those" eyes. "But, momma! You promised!" Bella had promised to model the special taco bib. Everyone was waiting.

It was not that the White Dog Army had been denied their normal dinner. They enjoyed that as usual. The sticking moment was human dinner. Which was supposed to be quick and easy tacos; which it was anticipated that the easy summer meal would be shared.

The heat rendered both Steve and I without appetites. And pollens made me miserably stuffy. Cilantro was not I taste I craved. We decided tacos would wait for another night.

"What are you going to eat," White Dog cried. "We can't have you and dad STARVING! You need SOMETHING!"

Steve tried to argue that both of us could skip a meal easily without damage but WD argued the diabetes card. "Thank you for considering that important factor, Little White Dog of My Heart," I told her. "How about if I tear up some greens, add a few tomatoes, peas and goat cheese. Will that soothe your concerns?"

The WDA groaned. They knew their dreams of meaty, crunchy, cheesey half circles smooshed with sour cream and guacamole had become in an eyeblink a finger lick of goat cheese...and they were not sure how understanding they were prepared to be.

White Dog took a deep breath and looked across the room at the others. She rested her head against my forehead in sympathy. "Just don't forget them, please. Maybe tomorrow?"

1 comment:

Random Felines said...

Poor WDA....deprived :)