1.17.2020

January 17, 2020

White Dog looked over my shoulder then rested her head against me. "Remember when I used to sleep on the bed?" she asked. "I still miss those nights," I told her. "You know you are welcome any time to reclaim your place, no one sleeps with dad and I. Zso stays long enough to watch a bit of television and then she heads back to her bed."

She shook her head. "I have grown to like my own little bedroom in dad's closet. The special mattress is good on my bad back. There is lots of space to stretch and besides Tizenegy would get very lonely in the office by himself. But this photo makes me happy, for both you and Opal," she said.

I  smiled. "This is such a big step for my Sparkling Girl to jump up without prompting and just curl next to me. I know she loves me dearly but is sometimes painfully shy; this was an active of bravery to be so comfortable as to actually fall asleep next to me...WOW! And yes, it felt wonderful feeling that weight and body heat against my leg; made ME feel comfortable enough to fall back asleep."

"It may never happen again," White Dog said carefully. "Or it may become Opal's new routine to cuddle post Army breakfast before I get up," I countered. "Opal will follow her own plan and schedule. But THIS moment was very special."

1 comment:

meowmeowmans said...

That is, indeed, so very special. Hooray for Opal and Mom. :)